Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

It would be if Rossi wasn't pouring power into the smaller E-cat
> continuously . . .

1. "Pour" has no technical meaning in this context. Perhaps you mean
"supply a lot of power." If that is what you mean, you are wrong. Input
power is much smaller than output, and there is no chance it might be
confused with output. In many cases output is much larger than the highest
possible input. For example, during the 18-hour run, the wires would have
burned if the heat had been caused by input.

2. It is not continuous. He has demonstrated the reactor in self-sustaining
mode with no input power.

> and into the larger one for a substantial preheating period.

Only one test has had a substantial preheating period, and there is no
doubt that all of that heat came out long before the self sustaining event.
There was no energy storage; the effect was already exothermic.

> And then the so-called self sustaining run is always short.

The Oct 6 self sustaining event was 4 hours. Ten minutes would have been
long enough. In 10 min. you would have seen the boiling stop abruptly
temperature decline rapidly. Four hours is 24 times longer than this. There
is no doubt whatever that after 40 min. the reactor should have been stone
cold. By that measure this run is 5 times longer than needed. It would not
be more convincing in any sense if it had gone on a million times longer.
There is *absolutely no technical reason* to demand a longer run. It is a
distraction.

I am sure that if Rossi ran for 8 hours, Yogo would still say "not long
enough." Rossi already ran 18 hours and that wasn't long enough. If he ran
for 100 or 1,000 hours she would then say that 5 kW is not enough, it must
be 20 kW, and if he did this she would demand 50 kW. It will never be long
enough or hot enough for her. The instruments and first principle proof
will never be good enough. She will move the goal posts indefinitely. Rossi
is 100% right when he says it is a waste of time trying to convince such
people.

Frankly, anyone who was not convinced by McKubre back in 1992 will never be
convinced by any amount of scientific proof or by any prototype device.
Anyone who does not understand McKubre is incapable of understanding Rossi.
The difference in scale does not make McKubre harder to understand or less
convincing.

>   It would be pointless except that a lot of people go round and round
> about adequacy of the measurements and related issues.

The people going round and round are talking nonsense. Running running much
longer would not answer any of the imaginary concerns they have raised. All
of the proposed methods of "storing heat" would fail in 40 min. just as
surely as they would in ten years of operation. Any method of secretly
introducing electricity or fuel in a fraudulent system would work
indefinitely. Running longer would not eliminate a fraud, or an instrument
artifact for that matter.

In any case, these people are sure to blather on inventing endless
impossible scenarios until the day the mass media announces Rossi's device
is real. They are incapable of thinking for themselves or doing natural
science;  i.e., understanding that a pot of hot water taken off the stove
must cool down.

> There'd be no issue about the measurements if the runs were much MUCH
> longer.

Of course there would be an issue! If it is a measurement error (an
instrument artifact) it will last forever. The reactor cannot actually
remain above room temperature for more than 40 min. It cannot remain warm
to the touch. So any observer can be certain it really was producing
anomalous heat just by holding a hand nearby it. That is not subject to any
artifact. That is why none of the skeptics will ever talk about the fact
that it remains hot to the touch. They insist that the discussion be
limited to invisible and impossible measurement errors instead instead of
physical facts.

>   As it is, we're still arguing about the 8:1 error that can be due to wet
> steam and the issue of where the thermocouples were in the October 6
> experiment.

Yes, of course. We are arguing about where the thermocouples were placed
BECAUSE THAT DOES NOT MAKE A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE. It is a red herring; a
distraction; an idiotic diversion from the real issues. Skeptics insist on
talking about this red herring only. They will never talk about the
actual physical facts, because the facts prove they are wrong. Their
fantasies about how the thermocouples are also nonsense, but that does not
matter; these fantasies are only intended to confuse the issue and divert
attention from the facts. No one who understands thermocouples actually
believes these are wrong by more than a fraction of a degree, and that
would have no effect on the conclusion. The point is, you can argue about
that in circles forever, whereas only an idiot would argue that a metal
surface the burns someone is not hot.