Alan J Fletcher wrote:

At 12:25 PM 11/17/2011, Mary Yugo wrote: No secrets-- just results in terms of methods used, instruments used, raw data obtained and computed results. No gamma spectrum or anything else he supposedly objects to.

You demand the trade secrets of everything you buy? I thought you'd be happy if it were unicorn-powered. What's their gamma-ray spectrum?

I believe she means just the opposite. She would not demand secrets, just a black box analysis.

I myself would not be willing to attend a demonstration of a Rossi device unless there was robust radiation detection equipment in place. I do not need to see the spectrum but I would demand assurances that the test is reasonably safe. I say this because Celani detected anomalous bursts of radiation when the machine turned on.

Most cold fusion devices do not any dangerous radiation. Most devices are small. Perhaps when you scale them up to kilowatts or megawatts they do produce significant radiation. Or perhaps only nickel ones produce radiation. That does not seem likely but I see no reason for anyone to take risks, when we can install detection equipment. I hope it would be possible to turn off the device quickly if significant radiation is detected.