From: Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 18, 2011 1:41 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Rossi feeding skeptics with much more skepticism.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:26 AM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

Lets try to discuss the technical details on occasions instead of the scamming
part of things.  It is much more interesting to most of us technical types.

Sure.  But the problem is that many essential technical details are mostly
lacking or are unreliable because they all come only from Rossi.  So I see a
lot of conjecture just based on what Rossi says.  For example that he has had a
customer and has made a delivery.  Such conjecture is amusing but not very
informative.  Jed's input is also interesting but for too much of it, he can't
produce any reliable documentation and for some of it, he can't even say who
saw what much less what they said!

And for some of us, the possibility that after all this time and all the tests,
this could still be (and is likely to be, IMO) a scam is part of the
fascination.  Sorry if you don't share that amusement. Technical types tend not
to be suspicious and they want a wonderful story to be true.  They are some of
the most easily scammed.  The example that comes to mind again is the ruthless
and amazing way Uri Geller scammed no less that Puthoff and Targ and even the
journal "Nature" into believing that he had psychic powers and could bend and
alter metals with his mind alone.  It's a good story to remember.