Someone pointed out to me that Ahern has been posting incendiary comments
to Krivit's blog, such as this one, in which he loses the argument,
according to Goodwin's Law; a.k.a. *Reductio ad Hitlerum:*
*
*

"This criticism of Rossi is far to leient. He is making his beggest claim
yet with no back up data whatsoever! Hitler got away with the big lie by
deftly mixing in some small amount of truth. Rossi doesn’t seem to need to
mix in even small amounts of truth any longer."*
*

I expect Ahern is jealous. He knows perfectly well that Rossi has real
heat. He is pretty stupid posting baseless accusations.

Ahern does not like Rossi personally. That is his business. I do not think
it is wise to plaster your private dislikes all over the Internet. Who
cares whether you like someone or not? Ahern should not let his feelings
interfere with a technical evaluation. People betting against Rossi are
playing a losing hand. Ahern should know that, based on his own results.

Anyway, I quoted his message to me. He has said that many times. He has
also often claimed that Rossi is a fraud and so on. Apparently he thinks
the heat is real but exaggerated, and even though Rossi has a real effect,
he is a fraud. That seems unlikely to me. It seems irrational.

I suppose most of the scientists attacking Rossi are jealous. That is not
surprising. He is miles ahead of them. Academic scientists are prone to
hissy fits.