 From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Clarifications from Brian Ahern

Someone pointed out to me that Ahern has been posting incendiary comments to
Krivit's blog, such as this one, in which he loses the argument, according to
Goodwin's Law; a.k.a. Reductio ad Hitlerum:

"This criticism of Rossi is far to leient. He is making his beggest
    claim yet with no back up data whatsoever! Hitler got away with the
    big lie by deftly mixing in some small amount of truth. Rossi
    doesn’t seem to need to mix in even small amounts of truth any
    longer."

I expect Ahern is jealous. He knows perfectly well that Rossi has real heat. He
is pretty stupid posting baseless accusations.

Ahern does not like Rossi personally. That is his business. I do not think it
is wise to plaster your private dislikes all over the Internet. Who cares
whether you like someone or not? Ahern should not let his feelings interfere
with a technical evaluation. People betting against Rossi are playing a losing
hand. Ahern should know that, based on his own results.

Anyway, I quoted his message to me. He has said that many times. He has also
often claimed that Rossi is a fraud and so on. Apparently he thinks the heat is
real but exaggerated, and even though Rossi has a real effect, he is a fraud.
That seems unlikely to me. It seems irrational.

I suppose most of the scientists attacking Rossi are jealous. That is not
surprising. He is miles ahead of them. Academic scientists are prone to hissy
fits.