You did read Focardi's comments on the radiation and the transmutations:

"/*So, if gamma [radiation] is emitted in one direction, the nickel goes in the opposite direction, like a cannon recoiling when it is fired. Therefore nickel releases energy into the medium. And so does gamma — I mean that gamma, when it interacts, gives off its energy. But nickel does this in its immediate surroundings, so it does not travel very far. Thus, the excess energy in the copper -- copper, I’m speaking about copper -- is distributed to the medium, and the temperature of the medium rises, and this facilitates further problems, to the point that, once the process is primed, it keeps on going in like manner, and what happens is that nickel is turned into copper. In fact, we analyzed the material after it had been working for a long time and found copper in it. We went to Padova, where they have the appropriate instrument: we found copper. Copper has two isotopes, the ratio between the two is not in the concentration found in Nature, so we are not dealing with junk copper which has been added, it was produced by us in this manner. Therefore, we produced energy, we produced copper, and got to...*/"

As for repeatability, I have no problems with what Rossi and Focardi have achieved. If Rossi can get his reactor to fire up, he can teach me. I learn fast. This is almost like saying the small and hand made motors on the first Wright Flyer were not as reliable as a commercial steam engine of the same era. Of course not but what a difference when the Flyer's motors fired into life and the aircraft lifted off the ground. Never seen a steam engine do that. Then there is the scale of the development funds. Rossi claims to have spent over EUR1,000,000 of his own money on this so far. That would probably only pay for a good piss-up for the hot fusion guys and a new coat of paint.

AG