On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On one sense this was an historic event, but from the point of view of an
> organization like the AP it was not newsworthy.

If they had believed this was really a one megawatt nuclear fusion reactor
using nickel and hydrogen as fuel in low temperature nuclear reaction, you
bet your bippy it would be news -- BIG news.

Without knowing the name of customer and the particulars there is no story
> here.

Correct.  But that's because it was not credible.

If an AP reporter had been present at the first test of a transistor at
> Bell Labs on Dec. 24, 1947, I doubt the reporter would have anything
> newsworthy to say. It did not look like much and it did not prove much,
> from a mass media point of view.

Bad analogy -- if the E-cat were real, this could have been a spectacular
demonstration with lots of steam and noise and spouting and fuss.  It's not
a transistor.  It's a MEGAWATT PLANT.   The steam should have powered some
sort of engine, heated a room, lifted some weights, done SOMETHING.  And
the generator should have been shut down (Rossi could have and should have
powered his instruments from the mains through a metered supply).  There
would have been something to see if the machine really was powered by cold
fusion instead of diesel.