On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter Heckert wrote:
>
>  Watch this magician:  http://youtu.be/VsYDRRGmpXU
>> At 6:00 he makes steam and he allows more access than Rossi ;-)
>>

> His Japanese is pretty good.
>
> Do you seriously think that a chemist examining that cup would not find
> the source of heat? Get real. Once you look inside the magic trick stage
> prop, the trick is always instantly obvious.

That's the point though, isn't it?  Nobody was ever allowed to see the
inside of Rossi's ecats -- not the little ones and not the "Ottoman" sized
one either.  I know you claimed people looked inside but they saw nothing
except a large finned box.  Nobody knows what's in the sizable volume of
that finned box.

Given no further inspection than allowed, the Youtube video could be a
chemical trick or real psychic power.  There's no way to tell because the
magician, like Rossi, carefully avoids any test that would tell.  That's
the point you refuse to acknowledge.

One of my favorite illusions is this one by Angela Funovits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNcgi4dndmk

It takes a bit of patience -- see it through to the end.  No language
issues if you do.