On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is incorrect. Many people have looked inside these devices. The
> photographs of the Ottoman size device instantly rule out any possibility
> of a chemical or other conventional source of heat.

Only to your satisfaction. Not to anyone else's.

The size of the inner-cell alone rule this out. You do not have to know
> what it is made of. You can estimate the necessary volume of a chemical or
> electrical source of heat sufficient to produce approximately this much
> energy. It would be much bigger than this.

Nonsense. You can buy a 10 kW propane water heater from a camping store
that weighs 10 kg.

 Nevertheless, we know from the volume and mass of the cathode alone that
> the reaction has to be nuclear.

Nope. It doesn't even have to be chemical. Ordinary thermal storage (or
phase change) is more than enough -- maybe that's chemical.

> Mme. Curie new the same thing about her radium samples, for exactly the
> same reasons.

Nonsense. Curie identified radiation first. Only later did she measure
heat. And it was a very different experiment. No input energy needed at
all. A small sample of radium salt simply remained warmer than its
surroundings indefinitely. Days, weeks, months, years... See how that's not
the same at all?