Giovanni Santostasi <gsantost...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In normal circumstances we would be able to see what is inside the box and
> take it apart but we are not allowed to do so.

That is incorrect. The box has been taken apart. Many people have seen
inside it.

> We could trust Rossi in claiming that the box is not rigged, that there
> are no tricks, but we cannot do that on face value (beside as a playful but
> not very satisfactory exercise).

We do not need to trust him. People have looked inside this reactor and
Rossi's other reactors enough to be certain there are no tricks. They have
not seen inside the cell (which is inside the reactor) but the volume of
the cell is too small for any tricks. Please review the discussion here and
the literature on cold fusion and you will see what I mean.

The same is true for other cold fusion experiments. The volume and mass of
the sample that produces the heat is far too small for the heat to be
chemical.