Here is a response to this proposal by Ed Storms. he feels this project is
dangerous. I share his concerns. I was going to say this, but he says it
with more authority than I could.

Rossi himself has often cautioned his readers that this research is
dangerous. I am glad he says that.

- Jed

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Bastiaan,

We are witnessing the start of of a process that, I predict, will end in
disaster.  The Rossi effect is not suited to investigation by amateurs.
High pressure H2 in heated containers is dangerous, finely divided nickel
is poisonous, and calorimetry under such conditions is very difficult.
 This is not like the electrolytic method that could be studied safely by
high school students.  We need only one careless accident resulting in
death to bring the regulators down on further research outside of an
established laboratory.

In addition, the number of variations in conditions and materials is so
large, no hope of success is possible without considerable knowledge of
materials.  Even people presently doing such studies show very little
 knowledge about the subject.  As a result, repeated failure will once
again embolden the skeptics.

In short, this suggestion is not the way to do science in this field and
will subject many ignorant kids to considerable danger.  Please withdraw
this suggestion and post my comment.

Ed