On 11-12-20 04:02 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com <mailto:sa...@pobox.com>> wrote:

    OK, so you cite someone you know, who is unnamed, who claims to
    have met someone he now knows, but whom you haven't met . . .

How do you know who I have met, and not met?

I don't. Obviously. However, if you've actually met the folks at Defkalion you haven't mentioned it, and since you live about 6,000 miles from them it seems likely that you haven't. But perhaps you have, eh?

So, have you?  Have you met the engineers at the Defkalion factory?

        The engineering and business operations at Defkalion are
        highly promising. These people are highly professional.

    Meaningless subjective statement.

Not in my opinion, but in any case, that is what he said.

    If these people are behaving in a "highly professional" way then
    I'm Bill Gates.

You would be surprised at how unprofessional Bill Gates was in some instances.

I'd be even more surprised to find out I'm him.

        Their science and engineering are first rate. Their laboratory
        equipment is first rate.

    "First rate" is an undefined token sequence.  It's like "good", or
    "without sin".  Without more context to qualify it, it carries no
    information.

Look here: You do not put any stock in this report. You do not find anything of value in it. Fine. Good. We get it. Stop kvetching. Make you point and move on -- all of you.

There's just one of me, and that's exactly what I was doing here: Making my point. Is there a problem with that?

I would _never_ suggest that this resolves all issues, or that this is functionally equivalent to an independent engineering evaluation. However, this is reassuring.

If he actually does the tests, that will be reassuring.

In the mean time there is nothing in what you've said that indicates he saw anything more than mockups, so no, I don't agree that it's particularly reassuring.

The Batmobile I saw was very solid, very reassuring, if I was looking for evidence that it was "real". And it surely was consistent with its extremely impressive specs. (Only hitch is, I never saw it drive anywhere.)