Jed sez:

> Wow! That gives us an interesting look at how Google translation works. The
> computer picks a word that is functionally similar. One that has similar
> uses, distribution or frequency.
>
> Or maybe it is a database error.
>
> The word "roth" also means red, in Middle English. Hence the placename and
> family name "Rothwell" means red well. That is, a well with reddish water
> from iron minerals in the water. See:

So, not only were some your ancestors pirates, you probably had a few
blacksmiths sprinkled in there as well.

"Hello...
Yes... uh huh... we make cannon balls.
How many would you you like to order?
Uh hun... Three hundred fifty? Ok.
I can have them ready for shipment in a week.
That will cost you five gold pieces.
Do you want them shipped by Oxcart or...
... you need them ASAP?
Well... I can express the order by horse,
...actually with three hundred fifty balls... that would take several horses.
But that would cost you extra... another two or three gold pieces.
I can get them to you in two days.
No... no sooner.
Oh, by the way, I need two gold pieces down payment.
Why? Well... considering your line of business...
...and the same to you to, sir!
Do we have a deal?
Yes... That is correct, sir. I don't think you will get a better deal
anywhere else.
Ok then.
I'll be waiting for the pieces.
Nice doing business with you!

Martha! Remember that vacation trip you always
wanted down to the Florida coast? Pack your bags!
We'll be basking on the coast in two weeks!"

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks