On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Vorl Bek <vorl....@antichef.com> wrote:
>

>> Nobody ever closes the loop.
>>

> That is incorrect. Many people have closed the loop, starting with
> Fleischmann and Pons. In cold fusion jargon, "closing the loop" is called
> running in "heat after death" mode. Fleischmann once called it "fully
> ignited," borrowing the term from the plasma fusion scientists.

Are you saying the cell runs in that mode indefinitely and at a level which
totally rules out (hopefully by several orders of magnitude) anything other
than a nuclear effect?   If so, that's a paper I'd like to read and a demo
I'd like to see.   If it won't run indefinitely or at least long enough so
that one can calculate the nuclear fuel has been exhausted or largely used
up, then it's probably not what I mean by "a closed loop".