See "Lawsuits" here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruggero_Santilli
A very ugly story- I remember that being a member of the advisory board I
have had to pay 12,000 USD fine. The lawsuit did not started but Gene was
very upset and stressed by this affair.
An even uglier story- Richardson's  AQUAFUEL, Leon Toups, magnecules. (1998
- )
However Ruggero is a great mathematician, beyond any doubt.

--
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania