Capstone started out developing recuperated turbines for hybrid cars in the
late 80's (NoMac), I think they were originally aiming for about 25kW and
30kg (old SAE paper), but that crept up (weight especially) over time, and
I believe their C30 weigh more like 100kg with 30kW output at 26%
efficiency now.

30kW is ideal for a mid-sized hybrid car - as it allow you to drive
indefinitely on a flat road at 120km/hr

Capstone C30 achieves about 26% efficiency with the extra gas flow and
higher specific heat of burnt fuel going through the turbine as well as
relatively low pressure losses through the combustor and relatively high
combustion temperatures of 800+ deg C.  Brayton and Recuperated Brayton
turbines are extremely sensitive to combustion temp and pressure losses so
if the peak temp drops to 500-600deg C and you have significant pressure
losses in heating the air going through the combustor as well as reduced
turbine mass flow and specific heat compared to compressor flow then I
expect the overall efficiency to drop to probably below 20% for recuperated
and probably only 10-13% for unrecuperated (like Bladeon).  Though these
are only guesses, and you can compensate for lower efficiency with bigger
heavier and more expensive recuperators and hot end heat exchanger to get
higher temps, there will be an economic ideal for a cheap heat source like
LENR.