The media are going to love this, and they will be very damning if Rossi
doesn't accept.

If he is prepared to put such money on the line it would be nice if Smith
opened this up to all-comers, like an X-Prize, eg for a consistently
replicable cold fusion reaction with a gain of 5-10 and power output >1kW.