Short of using a LENR type device on board a drone, my guess is they would use Americium 241 in an Alpha-Voltaic configuration.

At 02:24 PM 4/4/2012, you wrote:
Axil Axil <<mailto:janap...@gmail.com>janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

This huge cost for a nuclear heat source no matter which one they selected is extreme motivation to use LENR. One Rossi heat unit only costs a few hundred.

Sure. I can't imagine trying this without LENR. But I expect the people doing this project have never heard of LENR.

The Sandia document does not say a thing:

<http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/sand-uav.pdf>http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/sand-uav.pdf

QUOTE:

". . . Various DOE laboratory and contractor personnel and facilities could have been used to perform detailed engineering, fabrication, assembly and test operations including follow-on operational support. None of the results are currently in use by DOE and it is doubtful that they will be used in the near-term or mid-term future. Currently, none of the results can be shared openly with the public due to national security constraints."