That's fantastic.

I'm a complete amateur, so I have to ask for clarification -- is
the phenomenon behind the tunneling of en electron through a semiconductor,
as described in the article, the same one involved in the quantum tunneling
of an electron into a proton?  Or are the two processes completely
different, operating at different scales?  The article is describing the
tuning of the rate of tunneling of electrons using "cavity photons."

What is the wavelength of the photons being used in the experiment being
discussed, and what is its relationship to the energy barrier being
overcome?  What happens if you increase the wavelength significantly?

Eric