David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

Has anyone identified a change in one of the fuel ingredients?  I am
> curious as to where the energy is derived.

Hmmm . . . It does not say. I assume it is a conventional turbine, driven
by kerosene. Aeroderivative turbine generators are the most efficient in
the electric power biz. They are combined cycle; the waste heat from the
turbine is used to boil water which drives a steam turbine.

This article from Boeing says that batteries are nowhere near good enough
for this airplane, but improvements are expected:

http://www.boeing.com/Features/2010/06/corp_envision_06_14_10.html