Mark,
                Nice  choice of citations,  I believe Haisch and Rueda  got it
right but the connection drawn by Nickisch and Mollere (2002):  zero-point
fluctuations give rise to spacetime micro-curvature effects yielding the origin
of inertia  could, in fact should  have gone further.... I think the wormholes
described at the quantum foam level can be responsible for most of the
anomalous claims we are discussing on vortex, from superconductivity to
modification of decay rates, Casimir effect and unexplained spectrum shifts.
What we call isotropic space time is only a macro effect that can actually be
segregated to different levels by matter and geometry - not giving anything for
nothing but isolating equal and opposing regions of space time that average out
to what we consider isotropic -  the Nature paper indicates the space-time is
modified by the lattice but I would posit the material exposed to these regions
must be chosen to have a biased preference for one geometry over another such
that  the effects of the equal and opposite zones are prevented from cancelling
and we get these opposing claims of decay modification from different
researches using different lattices or gases.

                I posit the lattice equates to the Haisch Rueda abstract
...[snip] in accelerated reference frames results in a force that appears to
account for inertia [/snip]  but,  velocity relative to a perpendicular ether
isn't needed - instead the "equivalent" velocity of the ether we perceive as C
is directly modified through suppression [taken to extreme Casimir effect] and
results in a much simpler way to modify the Pythagorean relationship between V
and C .... In a Puthoff atomic model I think this "standard" relationship
between matter and C is what establishes the periodic relationship of elements.
This is why this paper in Nature needs the lattice to create both heavy and
speedy electrons and why Rossi and Mills need the lattice to create
relativistic hydrogen [call them hydrinos or inverse Rydberg hydrogen no
matter] - It's all about the segregation of these "spacetime micro-curvature
effects" mentioned by Nickisch and Mollere. - I think we are at a PV/T moment
where time is going to be exposed as the hidden variable to be manipulated only
instead of air conditioners this may yield free energy, propulsion and even the
possibility of temporal effects at the macroscale.

Regards
Fran