Going further with the possibility that the Higgs field (HF) and the zero
point field (ZPF) are similar if not identical, being other names for
'aether' ... and in the sense of another dimension of space which always
interacts (props -up) 3-space to the extent of "seeming to provide mass", we
must be prepared to open Pandora's box of possibilities for alternative
energy. IOW, there are definite implications for LENR even now, as the story
unfolds.

In which case, I will agree with Jouni, that some portion of 15 billion
spent was worth it. It would have been wiser to peel off some of that for
LENR, since the actual value of 125 GeV was predicted long ago, and is not
new ... but nevertheless ... what's done is done. Can we benefit from the
added certainty that this value is correct ?

Mentioned previously are some of the many energy anomalies with elements of
mass-energy in the range of 125 GeV (134 amu) including tellurium, iodine
and xenon. The value of 134 amu or 125 GeV would represent a rest-mass
equivalent, so the interesting isotopes, which could connect most easily to
this ZPF/HF "gateway" are up to 7% less in mass-energy than the precise
Higgs value, and include the three elements above. Note particularly in all
three elements, the physical property of strong "photon sensitivity" such as
fluorescence/ phosphorescence. The leader in photovoltaics, First Solar,
uses CdTe exclusively - it is not OU of course, but it could mean something
in the final analysis. Xenon headlamps are ultra-bright for a reason that
may also relate to the HF. Energy "efficiency" in some materials could
portend actual gainfulness.

Of particular interest to the prime value of 125 GeV are the resonant or
fractional-mass elements at one-half and one-quarter of the prime
matter-wave. This would include Ni64 or Ni62, of course, but probably not
the lower mass nickel isotopes. These two heavy isotopes could be a
'gateway' to mass renormalization into 3-space via the HF/ZPF, due to
resonance at the half-wave value. In fact these two isotopes are mentioned
specifically by AR, but it is one of those crazy details that most observers
in the past have ignored or pooh-poohed ... relegated to Rossi-speak ...
since isotopes of nickel are extremely costly, so much so that enrichment
does not mesh well with the other claims of low cost.

I now think that it is an even bet that longer-term operation of a Ni-H cell
will demand enrichment in the HF/ZPF-resonant isotopes. It is also an even
bet that that a less expensive enrichment method is Rossi's major
breakthrough (over Thermacore). Mentioned before is the strong possibility
that this kind of enrichment can be done in one or two passes in a
commercial ultracentrifuge, using nickel liquid (such as the chloride) as
feedstock.

Moving on - there is the all-important quarter-mass resonance value for the
HF/ZPF which would be around 32-34 amu. I call it "all important" as this
relates to life. It also relates strong to photon sensitivity.

This mass-energy level includes sulfur and phosphorus, in the range of 32
amu. Since both of these are vital for biological life, much has been
written on them - especially ATP. Adenosine-triphosphate (ATP) is called the
"spark of life" since it is the basis of intracellular energy transfer in
biology. ATP transports chemical energy within cells for metabolism and is
absolutely vital. This makes the Higgs field "personal" at least in this
speculation based on resonance in mass energy.

... 'nuf said for now... simply a few more details to consider in appraising
the possibility of real and useful aether inter-connections, and finding the
HF and ZPF "gateways" at the 125 GeV value and its whole fractional
resonances, and the possibility of real-world implications for this LHC
information. (even though the value was predicted 10 years ago)

                                Please forgive speculation based on too
little information, and on a story that is just breaking. I do realize that
none of the numbers are firm yet, and that I am trying to wedge into the
big-picture a few energy anomalies which could be unconnected in the end,
and which few in physics believe anyway.

                                However, if there is any remote connection
between all of this Higgs-hyperbole and maximizing the output of LENR in
Ni-H reactions, then it is worth and early stab. Not to mention that
emergent new meme - that the Higgs field = aether = zpe, roughly speaking.

                                After all, we taxpayers need to get out some
tiny return out for the billion$ sunk into that particular black (money)
hole.

                                Ok first off. Yours truly has been a big
proponent for Ni-64 being the active isotope in Ni-H reactions for reasons
which are in the archives and will not be repeated.

                                It is probably yet another coincidence  that
this isotope is one half the atomic mass of what could be the Higgs (aether)
value, depending on details to emerge later. Actually 63Ni, which is
unstable would be the best fit for ½ of what I believe is the best value -
126 amu.

                                Admittedly this could be a failing attempt
to match up the shadows on the wall of Plato's cave, but heck ... the effort
is shaping up better than a random-walk, thus far.

                                1 amu = 931.46 MeV/c2 or alternatively  1
GeV = 1.074 amu. Ergo 125 GeV =~ 134 amu.

                                The reported anomaly identified with the
Higgs boson or field is at 125 GeV but that does not mean that 134 amu is a
usable value for the equivalent rest mass.

                                Xenon has an stable isotope with mass at 134
and that argues against this being the precise mass of the Higgs boson, or
whatever was identified recently in data that every PR firm in the world is
being paid to pump up as if it were actually really a god ... and even
though all of these analogies is bit like comparing apples to oranges.

                                However, there is other evidence indicating
that the rest mass of the particle in question would be less. I have
accumulated some hints that suggest it is lower - around 126 amu. At this
level, there could be repercussions in 3-space with a few adjoining
isotopes, especially if the Higgs field were a fractal space which we can
identify with aether. Understanding this would open the door to how a higher
dimension can interact with 3-space.

                                It should be noted that among the dangerous
or proscribed materials that citizens of the USA cannot possess under The
Code of Federal regulations of the United States of America, are two
tellurium nuclear isomers with amu of 125 and 127.

                                Probably coincidence, as is that gap at
iodine 126.

                                Jones