On 11 August 2012 01:48, MarkI-ZeroPoint <zeropo...@charter.net> wrote:

> You guys are missing the big picture… what Rossi does now is immaterial.
> What he **did** is open the floodgates, and because of that, there are
> now enough high-level people aware of what the ENTIRE LENR/CF COMMUNITY has
> accomplished – namely, irrefutable proof that the excess heat is REAL,
> repeatability, evidence of energetic particles – i.e., some new physics
> that can likely be exploited for cheap clean energy.  That’s what’s
> important; that’s the BIG picture.  Large companies are also aware, and
> investment $ is beginning to flow… who the heck cares what Rossi does or
> does not do from here on?

That is true. Rossi has brought huge amounts of popularity for the cold
fusion (I still do not believe that there is solid evidence for
transmutations, expect helium production!), so his role has
been irreplaceable, even if he did it for his own hobby and gathered decent
money from his surroundings. I would say that it is because of Rossi,
Brillouin Energy and BLP have managed to raise some extra money for their
quest for clean energy, even if they will not find anything worthy for
publishing.

This argument against Rossi is however extremely strong, because he has
already done 14 trillion dollar damage to the world economy if he is hiding
commercially viable product. These are just too big money that anyone could
have moral sense to hide them from public. Therefore there is no more for
Rossi, what he has already presented.

  –Jouni