Guys, I have lost a bit of sleep thinking about the anomalous coil heating and
think that this discovery needs to be researched in much dept.  On many
occasions someone gets lucky and makes a serendipitous finding that results in
world changing progress and this might be one of those events.

The first hurdle is to prove that this announcement is not just misdirection as
we have been exposed to on numerous occasions.  Does anyone have evidence that
what was reported within the video is accurate?  How can we verify the claim?
The remainder of my posting is based upon the effect being real.  If it is not,
then I have wasted some sleep and time.

If the external coil is indeed heating to the degree suggested while the gas
within contains a modest temperature then I propose that there must be an
electromagnetic coupling between the two that has some extremely interesting
characteristics and potential.  I have worked with devices such as tunnel
diodes that exhibit a region of negative resistance that can be called upon to
participate in oscillations when associated with the proper networks.  The
behavior of the coil from the video exhibits this nature from what I have
viewed.

A modification to the existing experiment to make it more appropriate in size
and shape could lead to the long sought battery that lasts essentially forever
to power our laptops.  A small battery or storage capacitor could be called
upon to initiate the energy generation ionization of the nobel gasses and then
the device takes over.  The conversion from LENR to electricity takes place via
the interaction of the coil with the ions.  Of course a technique will need to
be engineered to extract energy from the coil and convert it into DC, but this
is more or less standard engineering.

There is a phenomena that is not too well known that most likely allows this
possibility to exist.  I first ran into this effect years ago when designing
and modeling an EAS system.  The system worked with a small linear magnetic
strip of material that relied upon magnetostriction for detection.  I was
analyzing the magnetic field originating from a tuned coil that surrounded the
tiny tag to determine energy flow and coupling.  My model told me that the
magnetic field from the coil itself was roughly Q times as large as the small
source tag supplying the energy for the coil.  This seems to be heresy for
obvious reasons and I shared my results with all of the scientists and
engineers in the group.  Everyone assumed that this was not possible until I
was able to model that the phase of the coil induced field was at approximately
right angles to that of the tag.  I will leave the details for anyone
interested to work out as an exercise.  There were a couple of guys with PhD's
in physics among the group and I had to do some difficult explaining.

So, in the case at hand I can visualize how a relatively large, high Q, electro
magnetically coupled, tuned  inductor can interact with a current of ions.  The
inductive field dominates the ion movement by virtue of its overwhelming
magnitude.  This field causes the ions to follow the magnetic lines of force
that are of an axial nature.  The ions travel in a helical path that becomes
synchronized to the oscillation frequency of the inductor since the Q of that
network continues to supply energy during periods of time when the ions are
passive.  At some point in time and  inductor generated magnetic field level,
the ion collection is induced to supply a burst of energy.  Think of this as
being similar to the transition through the negative resistance region of a
tunnel diode.  It is my opinion that the system being observed behaves as a
negative resistance oscillator by some means.

All oscillator networks that I am familiar with have some form of mechanism
that limits the energy excursions.  Fortunately, the coil in this case does not
burst into flames or have its wire  melt as it is driven by the energy
generation process.   I suspect that the maximum magnitude of the induced
magnetic field acts as the damper in this situation.  Perhaps the helical
motion(rotation frequency) of the ions becomes modified and thus the coupling
between the ions and inductor is reduced at the inductor resonant frequency.
It is too early to identify these parameters at this time.   We need to harness
this interaction and utilize the free energy that results.

If there are any graduate students looking for a subject to research, this
might be your ticket to fame.  One reason that I am writing this down for the
record is to ensure as much as possible that the benefits of LENR technology
are shared among all of mankind.  I am not against companies making a
reasonable profit, but they should only be compensated for the effort they
expend and risk they take and not make the remainder of us bow to them.

Vortex members, place this document within the group of wild and wooly ideas of
Dave that I imagine you are becoming too familiar with already.  I have enjoyed
a marvelous and varied background in technology and am brave (foolish) enough
to speculate freely among friends.  That is the main reason for this group is
it not?  Sure, I go off on a tangent often enough, but it is my hope that some
of the concepts that I present will strike a chord or light a match in the
minds of others.

Take a little time to read my thoughts and by all means comment.  I can take
criticisms and welcome the thoughts of others as we attempt to understand the
processes taking place in the world of unknowns.  I do not want this topic to
die on the vine just because everyone reads my input and places the thoughts
aside.  This anomaly deserves serious consideration!

Dave