The 3rd Sterling video from the tesla tech discussed 2 coils in each
cyclinder, one for compression & one for containment.  Rossi had two sets
of wires leading into his tubular heater...

If you do not use the coils for containment and compression of ions, you
will require much higher voltage for ignition.