Probably the most sensible solution is that the atmosphere was
significantly thicker.  30% less heat input would drop the earth's
temperature by about 20°C, but 20% more mass of air would increase the
temperature by about 20°C at ground level.  We know that during the age of
the dinosaurs that there was a lot more oxygen in the atmosphere, it was up
to about 30% O2 vs 20% now.  Assuming the quantity of nitrogen is about the
same (pretty safe as it doesn't react significantly or leak away) then you
are looking at another 10°C just in the extra thickness of atmosphere
caused by that extra oxygen.

Before about 800 million years ago the atmosphere had very little O2 and a
whole lot of CO2, which would have made the atmosphere even thicker and
further increased the temperature at the surface.

Also the earth was spinning a lot faster and the thicker atmosphere
transported heat better from the tropics to the poles, producing a wider
latitudinal band of temperature climates (this is known from geological
studies)