From: Harry Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 15, 2012 12:56 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:The faint young Sun paradox

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://physics.aps.org/articles/v5/90
>

> It is now universally accepted that the reservoir of energy stored in the
> sun’s atmospheric magnetic field is what heats the localized plasma in the
> corona. In simplified terms, the field is generated in the solar interior as
> a result of large-scale rotational and convective motions of the charged
> plasma, which serve to produce a strong magnetic field some below the solar
> surface. At this depth, the field is in the form of a concentrated tube that
> encircles the sun, but as it makes its way to the surface, it can emerge as
> a pair, or group, of sunspots connected by arches of magnetic field that
> extend hundreds of thousands of kilometers into the solar atmosphere.

The next paragraph says

"What is not known, and remains under considerable debate even now, is
how the energy stored in the magnetic fields is converted into heating
the corona [4]"

In other words what is "universally" accepte" is the hope that it can
explained by magnetic fields by members of this "universal" club.

Harry