On 2012-08-17 16:43, Peter Gluck wrote:
According to Piantelli and to Defkalion. Ni does not work at all with
deuterium, Why it works (?) here is a good/bad question.

Celani reported strange results with Deuterium too (with his treated nanostructured ISOTAN44 wires). It works, but poorly compared to Hydrogen. See here, slide 45:

http://www.22passi.it/downloads/Celani_ICCF17_Trasp3.pdf

His observations on Deuterium use:

21) After D2 intake, we increased, as usual, the temperature by power to the
inert wire. The absorption was really of small amount.

22) We observed, for the first time in our experimentation with such kind of
materials, some X (and/or gamma emission), coming-out from the reactor during
the increasing of the temperature from about 100°C to 160°C. We used a NaI(Tl)
detector, energy range 25-2000keV used as counter (safety purposes), not as
spectrometer. Total time of such emission was about 600s and clearly
detectable, burst like.

23) About thermal anomalies, we observed, very surprising, that the response
was endothermic, not eso-thermic. The second day the system crossed the zero
line and later become clearly eso-thermic. Similar effects were reported also
by A. Takahashi and A. Kitamura.

24) After about 350000s from the beginning of D2 intake the temperature
abruptly increased and the wire was broken. We observed that the pressure
decreased, because some problems to the reactor gas tight, but at times of
80000s before. The SEM observations showed fusion of a large piece of wire. The
shape was like a ball. Further analyses are in progress.

Cheers,
S.A.