I have suggested that palladium is a red herring.

I think that Ed Storms has made a conceptual breakthrough that has yet to
has impact in the broader LENR developer community. Ed Storms knows that It
is not the material that matters, but its topology. The key to the LENR
process is to find the proper shape of the material that is reactive. In
essence, all the work put into material preparation is just a search for
the mechanisms hidden in the shapes that are worked into the successful
active substance. Any material can carry these wondrous shapes and some
materials are more amenable to their production than others.

When the essence of Ed Storms Ideas find wider acceptance in the LENR
developers community, then progress will be swift and efforts will be
fruitful.

Cheers:   Axil