Just how hard would it be to detect if Deuterium is the product in Ni-H
LENR?

I don't have good data on P-P=>D fusion, but based on mass difference it
releases about 2.31e-13J/deuteron formed.  Assuming that to really produce
a strong Deuterium signal in needs to double in concentration from about
1/6000th to 1/3000th in hydrogen that means that 1/3000th of the hydrogen
in the reaction needs to be converted to deuterium.  That means about
23MJ/gram of hydrogen needs to be released to double the deuterium
occurrence.

In Rossi's claimed 50cc ~10kW ecat reactor at 20bar (about 0.1 grams in
hydrogen gas, significantly more in the nanopowder) that would only take
about an hour.  For Celani with 15W, and a reactor vessel of 200mL at 8 bar
(about 1.3grams Hydrogen + whatever metal loading was) that would take
perhaps 2-3 weeks, but might be tricky due to leakage of hydrogen through
walls.  Defkalion at about 1kW would be perhaps 1 day.

Much tougher to see in non-gas phase LENR due to large inventory of H in
the water.

These basic calculations suggest that probably Rossi or Defkalion already
know (my money would be more on Defkalion, given their better scientific
practices), and that Celani might be able to find out in next few weeks to
months (easier if he increases the power output using more mass of wire).

So hopefully we should know one way or the other quite soon.