The spirit of my post was to emphasize the importance of “old school
journalism” as an ideal of what journalism should be.

Unlike many journalists practicing today who believes in a desk job or
"research" on a computer screen, an old school journalist wants to have
first hand impressions, gathered from talking with real people and from
going on location. The authentic journalist should take his readers along
with him on this journey of discovery. The  favorite stories of such a
journalist should involve "participatory journalism".
The journalist who takes your opinion about the character of Rossi is not
worth his salt. He needs to find out the facts for himself as a service and
a sacred duty to his readers.

Cheers:     Axil