Arnaud,

I was complaining about the lack of calibration, but realize it is too late for
this particular wire set.  It just seemed logical to me that they would have
immediately completed a re calibration after seeing the bad data from the first
pass.

We agree that the wire temperature is likely the most important factor, but I
hold the thought that the dissociation of the molecular hydrogen is possibly
bound with the gas temperature.  The energy required to break the bond must
come from somewhere.  Take a look at Celani's charts for deuterium loading and
you see that the process was endothermic for a period of time before it became
exothermic.  This behavior makes sense if you consider that the energy comes
from the gas to accomplish the requirement.

Do you have a technique to calculate the gas temperature in the vicinity of the
LENR wire surface?  I suspect that the temperature difference must be adequate
to allow convection and radiation to extract the joule heating.  Celani touches
upon the idea toward the end of his paper where he hints that the LENR wire may
be 350 C- 400 C (page 36) while the gas is less than 200 C.   This is a
significant difference.

I had another interesting thought about the material he chose for the LENR
active wire.  Perhaps the large catalytic power regarding hydrogen dissociation
(page 11) is another coded word for better LENR candidate.  We have seen that
LENR activity is related to the rate of proton loading into the metals and
releases energy for each reaction.  And it takes significant energy to break
the hydrogen bonds which must come from somewhere.  So one might ask if the
LENR released energy tends to make the original catalytic power appear larger.
If true, then a path is revealed to locate the best candidate metals.

Dave