At 10:24 PM 9/16/2012, Jeff Berkowitz wrote:
This page is not widely known? --

I refer to that page below, the "Rex Research" page, at least in one incarnation. High voltage. (no more original content below).

"Dozens of scientific papers were published between 1905 and 1927 concerning the mysterious appearance of hydrogen, helium and neon in vacuum tubes. The matter never has been resolved."

<http://www.levity.com/alchemy/nelson2_6.html>http://www.levity.com/alchemy/nelson2_6.html

Jeff

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <<mailto:a...@lomaxdesign.com>a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote: If you want relatively copious transmutation reactions, you use high voltages. I don't know the rates, specifically, but I'd not be surprised to find some low level of transmutation at 100 V. That's pretty hot, anyone know the equivalent temperature?

From Wikipedia, I come up with 100 eV as being about a million degrees K. That's not ordinarily considered hot enough for fusion, but "hot enough" means "fusion at an appreciable rate." If a tube has years to accumulate stuff, I wouldn't be surprised at all, and that was my point.

The papers that were linked in another post, from Rex Research, were about high voltage discharge tubes. One produced a 12 inch spark. What is that, 200 KV? I forget. The information below showed 3 million neutrons per second, indicating perhaps six million fusions (depends on the reaction) per second, at 70 KV. So could those old results have been coming from fusion? Reasonably likely, in fact. So?

Cold fusion involves much higher reaction rates than one would get in plasma experiments at the 10-20 volts that might be used in electrochemical work. And, folks, no neutrons, no gammas, not from PdD, at any rate. Cold fusion is something quite different.

Nobody came up with references to an accumulation of transmutations in old triode vacuum tubes, as used in amplifiers and such. I wasn't looking for things like high voltage discharge tubes or the Farnsworth Fusor! The latter was specifically designed to create standard hot fusion. Yes, it's a vacuum tube.... but not what we were talking about.

At 09:00 PM 9/16/2012, Alan Fletcher wrote:
> [...]

Searching along these lines did get me to the Farnsworth (of TV fame) Fusor :
<http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/2008/02/17/farnsworth-fusor-carls-jr/>http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/2008/02/17/farnsworth-fusor-carls-jr/
http://carlwillis.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/thesis2.doc

3.0*10^6 neutrons/sec from a 70 kV spherical accelerator.