Thanks for the clarification.  My intention there was to calculate
watt-hours and to convert that to BTU in the next step.  Is this good
enough to get a rough estimate?

I know it would be much better to have a data logger and do the
measurements more frequently.  I might do that at some point, but I am
mainly interested in seeing if my results warrant the additional investment
of time and money.

Thanks again for your comments and I also wonder if you would think these
results merit further experimentation.