On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM, <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

16O + Hydrino molecule => 18Ne which decays in seconds to 18F, which has a
> half
> life of 109 min.

I forgot about the possibility of a more elaborate cascade.  That probably
opens up all kinds of possibilities.

Alternatively 16O + D => 18F directly.

I seem to have overlooked 16O.  :)

Interestingly, EXFOR does not have any record of this reaction.  I wonder
if that's because it hasn't been witnessed or because it has been seen but
then was not submitted to EXFOR.  I should just go straight to a
combinatorial calculation over the possibilities, like you're doing, rather
than rely on EXFOR data.

> The list could be narrowed considerably perhaps even definitively, if the
> decay
> energies were measured in a professional lab dedicated to the purpose.

The energies would be nice.

> Another alternative which may not have been considered, is the possibility
> that
> what they are seeing is not decay times, but fusion times, with prompt
> emission
> when fusion occurs.

If I have understood what I have read, the decay they're seeing is a signal
being picked up by GM #1 when a lead barrier is interposed between it and
the active material.  So for the signal to be due to a fusion reaction,
would this reaction need to be happening on the side of the lead barrier
opposite the active material?

Every fusion reaction will have a half life that depends
> a.o. on the separation of the isotopes involved in the reaction, thus
> Hydrinos
> of different sizes will have different fusion half lives, which may vary
> from
> femtoseconds, for the smallest, to multiple universe lifetimes, for the
> largest.

Up to now I've only heard about decay half-lives.  Is there another name
for the fusion half-life or a page that describes it?

Eric