Hi Ed.  Again sorry for the delayed response and right now all I can give
is a quick response.

Kim's theory is interesting as it's been refined more and more towards
effects at the nano-scale and he's also incorporating proton descriptions
that may allow his theory to describe H in Ni.  Kim's work is some of the
best I've read.  But H/D in Metals really follow physics of solid state
just with opposite charge and heavier weights. For that reason the Chubbs'
 seems very plausible.

If you don't think the wave function overlap is important to the fusion
processes, I think you need to consider what the Gamow factor is based on.
 It's the quantum wave function that describes how two particles can
interact strongly through the Coulomb barrier.   It's the Gamow factor that
really makes the BEC's so interesting.  Even in your Nuclear active
sites, suppression of Coulomb barrier has to occur, and an n-body
interactions has to occur.
I understand Kim's theory and I also understand the Chubbs' theory.  What
makes the Active Nuclear sites a better theory (or concept) than that of a
nuclear active BEC in metal?

Best Regards,
Chuck

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com>wrote:

> [...]
>> enough to the Proton-Proton chain.  As it is now, I really struggle to
>> understand how H in a metal creates excess heat.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Chuck
>>
>> --------

>> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Kevin O'Malley <kevmol...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Vorts:
>>> See below for confirmation from YE Kim that the formation of a BEC at
>>> room temperature gives his LENR theory a leg up.
>>>

>>> Kevin O'Malley <kevmol...@gmail.com>
>>>  1:22 PM (4 hours ago)
>>>  to yekim, ayandas, pkb
>>>  Hello Dr. Kim. I left you a voicemail regarding this. Does the
>>> formation of a BEC at room temperature make your theory of Deuteron Fusion
>>> more viable? Wasn't the main criticism of your theory that BECs couldn't
>>> form at higher temperatures?
>>>  Y. E. Kim, "Bose-Einstein Condensate Theory of Deuteron Fusion in
>>> Metal", J. Condensed Matter Nucl. Sci. *4*, 188 (2011),
>>> best regards,
>>>  Kevin O'Malley
>>>   <408%20460%205707>
>>>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/01/29/1210842110
>>>
>>> Polariton Bose–Einstein condensate at room temperature in an Al(Ga)N
>>> nanowire–dielectric microcavity with a spatial potential trap
>>>
>>> Ayan Dasa,1,
>>> Pallab Bhattacharyaa,1,
>>> Junseok Heoa,
>>> Animesh Banerjeea, and
>>> Wei Guob
>>>
>>> Author Affiliations
>>>
>>> Edited by Paul L. McEuen, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, and approved
>>> December 21, 2012 (received for review June 28, 2012)
>>>
>>> Abstract
>>>
>>> A spatial potential trap is formed in a 6.0-μm Al(Ga)N nanowire by
>>> varying the Al composition along its length during epitaxial growth. The
>>> polariton emission characteristics of a dielectric microcavity with the
>>> single nanowire embedded in-plane have been studied at room temperature.
>>> Excitation is provided at the Al(Ga)N end of the nanowire, and polariton
>>> emission is observed from the lowest bandgap GaN region within the
>>> potential trap. Comparison of the results with those measured in an
>>> identical microcavity with a uniform GaN nanowire and having an identical
>>> exciton–photon detuning suggests evaporative cooling of the polaritons as
>>> they are transported into the trap in the Al(Ga)N nanowire. Measurement of
>>> the spectral characteristics of the polariton emission, their momentum
>>> distribution, first-order spatial coherence, and time-resolved measurements
>>> of polariton cooling provides strong evidence of the formation of a
>>> near-equilibrium Bose–Einstein condensate in the GaN region of the nanowire
>>> at room temperature. In contrast, the condensate formed in the uniform GaN
>>> nanowire–dielectric microcavity without the spatial potential trap is only

>>> Footnotes