Hmm.... perhaps but one would think that if the water containers were
covered Styrofoam coolers, the temperature differences might accumulate
sufficiently to render the signal -- particularly given the distribution
represented by the numerous control containers -- quite significant.

Admittedly, I haven't done the arithmetic.