OK that quick guess arithmetic was interesting enough to motivate me to
look into the real numbers:

http://www.mrboxonline.com/8x6x7-styrofoam-coolers-p-6787.html

10 of those cost $55.50
They're 1.5in thick
They're 8"x6"x7" inside
They're 9.5"x7.5"x8.5" outside
Surface area 2*(9.5*7.5+9.5*8.5+7.5*8.5)in^2 = 431.5 in^2

Redoing the arithmetic:

431.5in^2*.033W/(m*deltaK)*2deltaK/1.5in?W
([{(431.5 * [inch^2]) * (0.033 * watt)} / {meter * deltaK}] * [2 *
deltaK]) / (1.5 * inch) ? watt
= 0.4822444 W

That looks good.

A distribution with 9 control data points and 1 experimental data
point providing 2 degrees C signal for only a half watt.