DJ Cravens <djcrav...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Granted it was only about a watt in Boston and ¼ W in Monte Carlo, but
> still demos and papers were give at both.

Higher power would be helpful, but again, these demonstration failed to
have impact mainly because they were not documents, published or presented.
All record of them has been lost. How can you expect a demonstration seen
only by a few dozen people to have an impact? Especially when all of those
people already knew that cold fusion is real that will hardly be noticed.

If you are not going to publish data, videos and other proof of the
demonstration on the web, you might as well not do it in the first place.

> I don’t think your assumptions about demos, papers, and presentations are
> correct.

I am right, though. The audience for Rossi's papers at LENR-CANR.org proves
it. I know a great deal more about what attracts serious attention and who
is reading about cold fusion than you do, so I think you and other
researchers should do as I suggest. I probably know more about this than
anyone else in the world. I know this because I have access to the
LENR-CANR.org log files, not because I have some special gift for reading
the mind of the public. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/McKubreMCHcoldfusionb.pdf

Let me be blunt. I am sitting here with the data from 2.8 million visits to
LENR-CANR. I have it, and you don't. That makes me the expert. Frankly, I
think it is a little presumptuous for you and other researchers to tell me
what the audience for cold fusion papers does or does not want to read.

>   My hypothesis is that the higher energy levels and “sizzle” is what is
> required.

That would be helpful but it it not necessary. Papers such as McKubre's
that show much lower power levels attract a great deal of serious attention.

What we need is well-written papers describing significant excess heat
results in good experiments. That is more important than high power. We
need a comprehensive presentation on the web, not something seen for a few
days by a handful of experts. We need a demonstration so that many experts
can vouch for the results, and so that some serious mass-media reporters
will see the actual equipment. As shown by the "60 Minutes" segment, this
can have a positive impact.