Mark Gibbs <mgi...@gibbs.com> wrote:

Interesting lack of objectivity:

> "During the congress I met Andrea Rossi for the first time. In my
> estimation he is kind, competent and reputable."

Why do you say this reflects a lack of objectivity? I have not met him
person but I have spoken with him and corresponded frequently. I know many
people who have known him and worked with him for years. We all agree he is
a sweety pie, and competent. His business reputation is mixed. I would
never enter into a business partnership with him, because he is a control
freak and he sometimes loses his temper and goes bananas. You probably
would too if you did what he does for a living.

He is flamboyant and I never trust his claims about his business, but as I
have often said, I have never caught him lying about a technical claim.

I know people who invested and lost large sums with him -- so far, anyway.
Not one of them has complained that he ripped them off, or that he is
dishonest. People on the Internet have been yelling for years that he is
con-man. Does anyone know someone he has conned? Where are the victims? Who
has been defrauded, by how much? Show me a scientist or an engineer who has
found that one of his demonstrations is fake. (Krivit does not count. He is
so unobservant, he thought that cold fusion excess heat events last for
minutes, when in fact they last for days or weeks.)

Rossi has started several ventures relating to catalytic chemistry. Some
succeeded and made a lot of money, such as his organic Diesel engine
venture. Others failed. I myself have been involved in similar ventures, as
was my grandfather. No who does that -- absolutely *no one* -- avoids
failure. As Pons says, if we are half-right, half the time, we are doing
very well indeed. Anyone who claims to an inventor or someone involved in
cutting edge technology who does not acknowledge failure is a liar, or a
con-man, or one of these Wall Street nitwits made of plastic who comes in
at the last stage when the work is done and the risk is past.