On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark Gibbs <mgi...@gibbs.com> wrote:
>
> Interesting lack of objectivity:
>>
>> "During the congress I met Andrea Rossi for the first time. In my
>> estimation he is kind, competent and reputable."
>>

> Why do you say this reflects a lack of objectivity?

What is the point of a public report from a consulting and or analysis
company? To promote credibility in that company.

As such the report title, "ECAT – A novel and environmentally friendly
LENR-based energy technology", sets our expectations that it will reveal
some "hard" evidence to support the title yet all the report does is
re-hash existing claims and assertions most of which come from Rossi
himself. To then go on and from the first person assert that the promoter
of the technology is "kind" reveals either naiveté or bias and your
comments about his history do not inspire confidence in the report, his
objectivity, or his accumen.

I know, I know ... I'm being harsh but this report smacks of boosterism
more than anything else and, as such, merely makes the field of LENR even
more hype-ridden.

[mg]