  Force x distance = work.

> If you take that amount of energy and multiply it by the number of
> magnets in the device, you obtain a fairly large amount of energy. I
> would certainly expect this amount of available energy to be capable
> of overcoming the losses due to friction in bearings for a very long
> time. The energy extracted by a fan would need to be handled as
> well. I am not suggesting that the Yildiz motor is a fraud, but I
> suspect that there may be another explanation for its performance
> that is more "down to earth". :-)

That's just potential energy. When you pull the magnets apart you add it, when
they return they deliver it.

Nothing to do with what's stored IN the magnet. And even that isn't destroyed
if you "demagnetize" the magnet -- you just get the domains pointing in
different directions. I suppose degausing requires some sort of energy budget.