Well one interesting thought is if we have a magnet, and there is nothing
else magnetic, then no energy can be tapped from it, but it still cost the
same to establish the field.

Additionally it we let iron particle cover our magnet until there is
no observable outside field (still there really, but cancelled), you could
conclude that it has not expanded it's energy, but if you turned the magnet
off (heating it, or it may have been an electromagnet) you will still get a
strong jolt of energy (inductive) can the field collapses, and more than if
the iron particles were not there!

Interestingly if this were an electromagnet all along, each particle of
iron that attached it's self would have taken a bite out of the current in
the electromagnet (an EMF opposing the current).

So if we have a magnet that is attracting some iron, this same thing must
be taking place!

For those of insufficient understanding of electricity, consider plugging
in an unloaded transformer.
The resistance of the wire is low, and it would act as a near short except
the iron causes such a high impedance that any growth of the field causes
an EMF that opposes the change in the field/current.

The same EMF occurs with permanent magnets, so when the field is increasing
the atoms involved in producing the magnetic field must find energy taken
from them.
So where does this energy come from?

Since we can't endlessly raise a field, what occurs if we make the rise
time (where energy is taken from the atoms) and the fall time (given back)
very different, with non linear curves and significant differences in the
rise and fall times, it might just be possible to break such a system away
from unity.

If so, what would occur?
The iron atoms would become very excited with extra energy, or drained in
the converse setup.

Now it occurs to me that here are a ton of accounts of
invisibility occurring with experiments and almost every one involves steel
and changing magnetic fields (and I would come to that conclusion even
without considering the Philadelphia experiment).

So what if one way you get free energy, and the other way you get
invisibility.
Quite good I guess, since it would be a real pain to lose your Free Energy
device :)

F*%#, that's the 3rd one I've lost this week!

John