From: Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Mon, Apr 15, 2013 9:58 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Yildiz motor in Geneva -- ran 5.5 hours then broke down

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM, James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com> wrote:

That means he has a whopping 512kJ to run down during his 5 hours.  This
calculates out to:

512kJ;5hour?W
(512 * [kilo*joule]) * (5 * hour)^-1 ? watt
= 28.444444 W

That's just about enough to run a little fan.

According to this link, a ceiling fan running at low speed consumes 24 W [1].
I have not seen the magnet motor video, but assuming the fan is smaller and has
less mass than a celling fan, I think we can scale down the power consumed
linearly using the ratio of the estimated masses of the two fans.

Eric

[1]
http://www.heraldextra.com/amount-of-electricity-consumed-by-common-small-appliances/article_ee000c18-5cec-11de-ac79-001cc4c03286.html