  From: Mark Gibbs
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Levi Hot Cat paper is a gem

  On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Andrew <andrew...@att.net> wrote:

    There's another way to perpetrate the output hoax, and that's to secrete
infrared lasers in the ceiling and heat the device up remotely.

  Lasers?! Don't you think that seems just a little farfetched? And it raises,
once again, as do many of the proposed ways the tests could have been rigged,
the question of why go to so much trouble? OK, let's say it's all a hoax ...
how much longer can the hoax continue?

  I'm still somewhat skeptical about the whole thing simply because there are
too many unknowns but the arguments that it is just a hoax are getting harder
to believe ... it would have to be the biggest, most elaborate hoax in science
history and would require a lot of people to keep it going and they'd have to
keep quiet. Given that you can't get four people to agree on how to split a
lunch bill, a conspiracy seems unlikely and Rossi as the sole perpetrator seems
just as improbable.

  [mg]