From: mixent <mix...@bigpond.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 11:08 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: [Vo]:Re: [Vo]:Re: [Vo]:Torbjörn Hartman describes power
measurments

Hi,

This is a little different. A full bridge rectifier will allow for both halves
of the AC current to pass, and so it should be measured as little different to a
purely resistive load. However a single diode will only allow one half to pass,
which *may* mess up magnetic field based current measurements.
(I guess whether if does or not depends on the sophistication of the device.)

>Assume that you have a bridge rectifier in the blue box.  This is followed by
filtering capacitor.  The DC is then used by the electronics connected to the
capacitor.  Are you saying that it is not possible to determine the power input
to this type of network by measuring the input AC voltage and current?  Or are
you saying that someone has performed a scam and put a DC supply in series with
the normal AC voltage?

>You do know that this could easily be measured by a simple DC voltmeter, right?
>
>Dave
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk