Check out these 2 videos. It's a clear demonstration of how full power can
be transferred to a resistive load without registering current on either
clamp-on or in-line ammeters. I don't know how it's done but I suspect high
frequency, but the point is that just because I can't explain it, doesn't
mean I must conclude that cheese can supply the power.

This switch could emulate Rossi's on/off cycling, and judging from input
measurements one would conclude a duty cycle of 1/3, but looking at the
resistive load, it would be 1:1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovGXDDvc3ck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frp03muquAo