From: Duncan Cumming <spacedr...@cumming.info>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Mon, May 27, 2013 2:38 pm
Subject: [Vo]:Re: [Vo]:Torbjörn Hartman describes power measurments

I am not sure if I count as a skeptic,      because I am not saying that any
kind of scam was perpetrated. I      am certainly not suggesting that there was
a DC power supply      hidden in the wall! My doubts are related to the
electrical      engineering skills evident in the published paper, attempting
the      notoriously difficult task of measuring three phase non sinusoidal
 power. Not only is the waveform non sinusoidal, it is a trade      secret!

      I am merely saying that rectification will cause a misleadingly      low
value of current to be registered using a clamp on ammeter.      Since the DC
is not smooth, there will, indeed, be a small reading      from the ammeter but
substantially lower than the actual current.      This will, in turn, lead to a
misleadingly low power measurement.

      Duncan