Keep in mind the possibility that the value of n depends on the wavelength,
and therefore presumably on the final calculated temperature, and so an
iterative procedure may be needed. In other words, the comparison will not
be between 2 emissivities for the same n, but for different n's, and the
company literature does not give the method of determining n.

And of course, none of this takes account of surfaces that are not grey
bodies.

The obvious solution would have been to use thermocouples in the December
run as well, but they didn't.