  From: David Roberson
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 1:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: [Vo]:Torbjörn Hartman describes power measurments

  If you do not understand what I have already written then it is not going to
help to go over it again.   I leave this discussion by asking you one pertinent
question.  Where do you think the power comes from that ends up in the
resistor?  There is only one source and it is the AC mains.  Power from an AC
source can only be extracted by the fundamental component of that source,
period.  All others, including DC balance out over the long run and can not
make a long term contribution.  Once you realize that this is true, which is
common theory, it will become clear to you that a measurement of these two
waveforms is all that is required.

  Forget the nonsense about diodes faking out good AC true RMS instruments.  It
don't happen.

  Dave